Monday 28 September 2015

Solitary Being


I am a solitary person. I like my time away from the world to just be inside my own head and not have to carry on conversations with people. Don’t get me wrong, I like hanging out with my friends and going out every once in a while. But, what I really enjoy is just being on my own and people don’t really understand that.
People always ask me ‘when are you going to get a boyfriend?’ or ‘are there any boys in your life?’ because that seems to be the most important thing in a girl’s life right? Getting married, settling down, and having a family. Not that that is a bad thing, I just don’t see it being the right fit for me. Seeing people with kids and homes and roots makes me nervous. I just feel like I would be stuck in that life and not happy. I would be restless.
The boys that I have met and went on dates with have their lives generally together. They have full time jobs and enjoy living the way that they are, whether its in security or construction. But none of them have wanted to travel. None of them want to leave their home, they are content here and I am not. I need to travel, to experience the world, to see new cultures and new places. I find that I am a solitary person and need space to myself. Having conversations with people is difficult for me and I would rather just be on my own.
Solitary life doesn’t mean that I choose to be on my own and not socialize with anyone. It just means that I don’t always need human contact. I can go days without actually speaking to someone or go out somewhere and not have to go with someone. I just enjoy the silence of being on my own. I enjoy listening to my thoughts and not worry about ignoring the person sitting beside me or across from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment